Friday, December 7, 2007

Equipment malfunction the other day

Well, the reason for the equipment malfunction during his heart procedure was because an IV bag was dripping on the cables. NICE! They didn't notice it until after it was all said and done.

I asked the doctor if he did a heart cath, he said no. I asked if he performed the ablation ... he said they tried a couple times, but the times they tried, Casey's heart wasn't taking too well to it. That's why he stopped.

Now, I'm not clear if the problems were because the cables had IV fluids dripping on it, or if Casey's heart had an adverse reaction because of another heart problem. It kind of sounds like a heart issue. Doctor mentioned a different heart defect called, Mahaim Fibre. The main deal: we don't want Casey needing a pacemaker, but he might. *ugh* I don't know. I am wanting to talk to Dr. Mayman about it. He will talk to me in a way I understand. These surgeons are just too smart for me, it's hard to comprehend what the *&^) they're talking about. Even for me, a seasoned cardiac mom!!!

Casey just completed a 24 hour electronic monitoring test ~ we should know more when the doctor returns to L.V. in January. So, there are three defects they are looking into now ... Wolfe Parkinson White, Supra Ventricular Tachycardia, Mahaim Fibre.
MF is less severe than WPW, I think.

6 comments:

crabby old man said...

May God look after Casey. I know this must worry You. Just keep on praying.

Jackie said...

crabby gives good advice...jkop!

Ann(ie) said...

I'm with crabby, too. Much love and prayers my friend.

carmachu said...

I hope all goes well. Our thoughts and prayers dear.

The Portas said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to read all of this. Just what you guys need, huh. Well we will certainly keep Casey in our prayers. Both of your boys have big prayers from us all the time!

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Oh my goodness! This is what I came over to find updates on. I'm so out of the loop! My prayers go out to you guys!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting