Thursday, January 1, 2009

Webfetti.com


Happy New Year Black Eyed Peas ~ have good luck the entire year!

Mom went to Memphis Bar and Grill yesterday and bought some of their black eyed peas ... and OMG, were they ever good! I found this recipe on All Recipes.com and it looks awesome as well.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound dry black-eyed peas
2 cups chopped cooked ham
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch garlic powder
2 onions, diced
1 (14.5 ounce) can whole tomatoes

DIRECTIONS
Place black-eyed peas in 8 quart pot. Add enough water to fill pot 3/4 full. Stir in ham and diced onions, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor, and blend until the tomatoes are liquefied. Add tomatoes to pot. Bring all ingredients to boil. Cover the pot, and simmer on low heat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the peas are tender.

7 comments:

Rick said...

Hello! Please forgive my boldness, but I wanted to invite you to come over and be a part of my annual giveaway. There are no gimmicks. It's just my way of celebrating two years of blogging. I'm giving away a free caricature drawn by me. I'd be honored if you came over and signed up.

Susan said...

thanks for the recipe-- I needed one!

Happy New Year!!!!

Susan

Shellmo said...

Isn't that all recipes site great? I use it all the time!

Jen said...

Happy New Year Terri!
Thanks for all the laughs and your friendship the past year. ox Jen

In_spired said...

Thanks for your friendship, TerriGirl. You have enhanced my life tremendously with your quick wit and humor. Thanks for the times that you've shared that weren't so humorous; those concerning the health of our Magoo. Bless his precious little body!! I am so thankful that crabby happened upon Matthews Blog 3 years ago.

(and by the way...our New Year Blackeyed Peas turned out great also! We had a good time and just plain food)

Chris H said...

IGNORE Rick!!! I'm gunna win! JOKING... HAPPY NEW YEAR Mate. Hope you and your gorgeous family have a really good year and finally finish your fab cabin!

Grandma W said...

Fixing a pot of beans on New Years Eve for New Years day has been an immediate family tradition. When I worked for Centel/Sprint for 32 years, it was also a tradition on the last working day of the year to have crockpots of all kinds of beans, chopped onions, shredded cheese and crackers warming in all the departments.

This year I purchased my black-eyed beans from Memphis Bar and Grill and they were awesome. Of course the economical factor flew out the window; but we enjoyed every mouthful..... Happy New Years!!!