Thursday, January 1, 2009

Webfetti.com


Happy New Year Black Eyed Peas ~ have good luck the entire year!

Mom went to Memphis Bar and Grill yesterday and bought some of their black eyed peas ... and OMG, were they ever good! I found this recipe on All Recipes.com and it looks awesome as well.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound dry black-eyed peas
2 cups chopped cooked ham
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch garlic powder
2 onions, diced
1 (14.5 ounce) can whole tomatoes

DIRECTIONS
Place black-eyed peas in 8 quart pot. Add enough water to fill pot 3/4 full. Stir in ham and diced onions, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor, and blend until the tomatoes are liquefied. Add tomatoes to pot. Bring all ingredients to boil. Cover the pot, and simmer on low heat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the peas are tender.

7 comments:

Rick said...

Hello! Please forgive my boldness, but I wanted to invite you to come over and be a part of my annual giveaway. There are no gimmicks. It's just my way of celebrating two years of blogging. I'm giving away a free caricature drawn by me. I'd be honored if you came over and signed up.

Purr said...

thanks for the recipe-- I needed one!

Happy New Year!!!!

Susan

Shelley said...

Isn't that all recipes site great? I use it all the time!

Jen said...

Happy New Year Terri!
Thanks for all the laughs and your friendship the past year. ox Jen

Jackie said...

Thanks for your friendship, TerriGirl. You have enhanced my life tremendously with your quick wit and humor. Thanks for the times that you've shared that weren't so humorous; those concerning the health of our Magoo. Bless his precious little body!! I am so thankful that crabby happened upon Matthews Blog 3 years ago.

(and by the way...our New Year Blackeyed Peas turned out great also! We had a good time and just plain food)

Chris H said...

IGNORE Rick!!! I'm gunna win! JOKING... HAPPY NEW YEAR Mate. Hope you and your gorgeous family have a really good year and finally finish your fab cabin!

Grandma W said...

Fixing a pot of beans on New Years Eve for New Years day has been an immediate family tradition. When I worked for Centel/Sprint for 32 years, it was also a tradition on the last working day of the year to have crockpots of all kinds of beans, chopped onions, shredded cheese and crackers warming in all the departments.

This year I purchased my black-eyed beans from Memphis Bar and Grill and they were awesome. Of course the economical factor flew out the window; but we enjoyed every mouthful..... Happy New Years!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting