Sunday, November 30, 2008

Banana Nut Bread from Jen

I have now made 16 loaves of this yummy Banana Nut Bread I got this recipe off Jen's blog... this was her mother's recipe .... and let me tell you ... it is good. I gave Mike 8 loaves to take to his squad the other night and it was a huge hit.

If you want this wonderful recipe... go here to Unglazed. It was totally easy.

IF you all like Date Nut Bread... I have the greatest recipe that has been in the family for a million years ~ it's my Great Aunt Katherine's.... we used to make it when we were little kids and give away to our teachers all wrapped in ribbons and bows.

AND, if you love the stoneware, let me know... I've been a Pampered Chef consultant for going on six years now. Once you go stone, you'll never want to used metal again. I love Pampered Chef kitchen tools.... makes cooking and baking sooooo easy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi terri, I just wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a belated happy Thanksgiving.
I hope all is well.
Your friend
DD

Kate said...

aaah, bread :)

Thnaks, I just gained 10 lb.s looking at that picture :) Stoneware, huh? I've never used it to bake with - I've only used glass and metal. Good to know. Will have to give it a try. I love to bake~

reliv4life said...

I have those stone pans , two of them as well!! They make the greatest bread, but I only haul them out at Christmas time it seems like!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh yes, I used those four loaf pans for meat loaf too...

stoneware doesn't transfer flavors!!

Its always easy clean up too!!

Shelley said...

I love those loaf pans - we'll have to talk! :-0
Now I'm craving that banana bread...I'm going to have to make some this week!

Jen said...

Ahhhh thanks Terri! :D

Daniela said...

Hi Terri, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am going to make this banana bread tomorrow since I took an extra day off and I have tons of really ripe bananas. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

crabby old man said...

My wife has the stone ware , we like everything but the can opener.
Hope all's well with you & yours

Grandma W said...

Date Nut Bread and Banana Nut Bread make wonderful holiday gifts and people love the personal touch. It's personal and does not imply you want something in return. I just wish I had a faster metabolism because breads race directly to my stomach and hips. "And that's the truth"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting