Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beaver Blog Cabin ~ Tuesday

Wednesday ~ 2' to 4' of snow last night. Lots of shoveling today. For those of you that don't remember, we didn't choose to build in the dead of winter. We were supposed to have done all this during the summer months. Due to a bunch of circumstances out of our control ... we're doing it now. In lots of ways, it works out best for our neighbors and Mike ~ once Mike gets promoted to Sergeant, it won't be as easy to take vacation time. So, freeze it is.




Aren't they cute? These are our adorable "busy beaver builders".

A view from our neighbor's house. It's so funny, we have a nice little path between cabins. Someday we're going to make a nice little walkway.

As I look at these beautiful pictures, with tears in my eyes .... I can't help but feel so lucky that this dream is coming true. I still have to pinch myself to be sure it's real.


This is the property that Mike and I purchased while we were on our honeymoon over six years ago (we spent one week looking for our perfect spot) .... where Mike (and my family) built that awesome steel building to store all our "stuff" in preparation for this time ... had electricity brought up and had a well drilled (with our other wonderful neighbors) ....where Mike had planted over 200 baby trees ...


This is the very same property that we were advised by an attorney to "sell and get rid of" .... because we had run out of health coverage for Matthew (at that time).
That was so crushing to us. This was our dream property that we planned to retire on. We knew that even if we had sold that property and everything else we owned that "wasn't protected" ... we still would not be able to pay that 1.3 million owed to Stanford or any of his ongoing medical bills. (Again, thank God for Mike's employer because they raised the lifetime cap.)

I thank God everyday for Matthew's health, Casey's health, our health ... for more health coverage ... for such a wonderful family that is helping us to build this "family cabin" and for such a wonderful husband, who is making this all possible. With God's help, too of course.



Sorry for the wee bit of a ramble... I am feeling a bit emotional over it.
We just love this property so much.. and that cute little town of Beaver with all of our sweet neighbors. We are so incredibly blessed.
We simply can't wait to get up there and hang out with our family and friends. Lot's of good BBQ's and holiday trips to come.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri

Thanks for the update. Good looking photos and good looking place. But, I do NOT miss the snow. Have a productive week in Beaver UTAH.

cfs

crabby old man said...

what some pretty scenery, I like snow when it's on Christmas cards

Kathy said...

So pretty!!!
I forgot that you were in Beaver....I've called you???
DUH...I'm checking your blog each day..and didn't put it together that YOU were there and not just posting pics that Mike sent you! (my brain is fried!)
Hope you're staying warm and having fun!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

I am so happy and glad for you that you kept that property! You are very blessed and lucky. What a beautiful view!!! I am jealous!

Merle Sneed said...

Good for you friend. Your happiness makes me happy.

Andrea W. said...

Can you believe all this snow?? So fun. What a great cabin. It looks like a LOT of hard work which will only make the finished product all the more satisfying!

Terry said...

What a romantic and practical way to spend a honeymoon. I happy you kept your property. It is a miracle and a blessing that things have come together for you and your family. Your cabin is beautiful. Your sweet neighbors are lucky to have you too. You'll fit right in.

? said...

Like others said, I don't miss the snow. But the cabin is going to be GLORIOUS when construction is complete. And I'm going to expect you to ask me to move in ... rent free, of course. ;-)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I was just thinking about a conversation my sister and I had a couple months ago while in Beaver,

she asked me...

"if someone offered you 5 million dollars for this property, would you sell it?" .... I immediately said NO WAY!! I would not sell for any price....

I called Mike and asked him the same question...

and he immediately said...
NOPE.

That is how much we love it there.. in that very spot.

*giggling*
My sister said if it were her property .... she'd sell it in a second for 5 million ~ she was saying... HELL YA, FOR 5 MILLION... then she explained what's she'd do w/ the money...

FUNNY!! Cracks me up.

g-man said...

You are truly blessed. Keep up the good work. Very nice photos. (Even nicer neighbors :)

The Portas said...

It is beautiful property. You should be very proud of it!

I love love the sunset pics. Sooo peaceful.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Y'all are going to have lots of great times there - especially when you aren't freezing to death and working so hard.

Lainey-Paney said...

you are very very lucky that your dream is coming true.
:)
I'm so excited for you guys!

Bubblewench said...

Beautiful. I'm glad you & Mike have such a wonderful place to celebrate life in.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting